Summer Vacation Tips: Prep Yourself, and Your Apartment
Being organized and prepared for a trip is just as important as planning where to go!
Rockliffe Residences has a few tips to help our residents relieve vacation stress and enjoy their time away.
Plan to Be Away From Home
Your apartment may be empty, but there are still things that will need to be taken care of while you're away. To-do lists are a great way to stay organized while preparing for a vacation. You'll want to make sure to include the following items on your list:
- Notify your property manager of your vacation.
- Schedule payments with your bank for your rent, utilities, and other bills.
- Provide your property manager and family with emergency contact information for while you are away.
Make Packing Easier
Packing is the biggest task you'll have leading up to your departure. It's easy to forget to pack items, so make a list and start packing as much as you can, as early as possible. Keep your luggage accessible and check off items as you pack them.
Don't forget these key items:
- Sunscreen. Pack a new bottle, so you won't run out.
- First Aid Kit that includes allergy ointment, medications for upset stomach and indigestion, and tools such as tweezers and thermometers.
- Phone chargers and spare batteries.
- Your to-do lists. When you complete a to-do list, pack it! This will help ease your mind while you're away, and is also great for re-packing when it's time to come home.
Prepare for Your Return
There's nothing worse than not being able to enjoy your vacation because you are too busy worrying about everything that needs to be done once you get home. So, prepare your apartment before you leave to give yourself a housework vacation when you get home!
Some apartment prep ideas include:
- Cook and freeze at least 2 dinners to enjoy after your vacation.
- Do your laundry before you go and put clean sheets on the bed.
- Close all your blinds to keep your apartment cool.
- Don't leave fruits on the counter and make sure you take out the garbage before you leave.
Our friendly property managers will be happy to answer any of your concerns leading up to your vacation, so you can relax and enjoy your time away.